Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

data disappeared from guest user

I put a video and photos on the 'guest user' account on my macbook air, and when I went to log in the next day, all the data was gone. Is there a way to recover that data? It's not in the trash. Also, why did it disappear?

MacBook Air (11-INCH, MID 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 2:16 PM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

You should know that the data you store on the Guest user is temporary, because when you log out of the Guest user, the data stored there is deleted. It's not a bug, it's a feature present in a lot of UNIX-based systems, because the Guest user is prepared for people who doesn't use the computer

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2013 2:16 PM in response to duare

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

You should know that the data you store on the Guest user is temporary, because when you log out of the Guest user, the data stored there is deleted. It's not a bug, it's a feature present in a lot of UNIX-based systems, because the Guest user is prepared for people who doesn't use the computer

data disappeared from guest user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.