Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Touch 5 hacked by charger??

I just bought a charger from Amazon for my daughter's Ipod Touch 5. Whenever she plugs it in, it appears that someone is accessing her ipod remotely. They are going into her Gmail account, etc..

This only happens when it is plugged into the charger. Is this possible??

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 1:44 PM

12 replies

Mar 30, 2013 2:04 PM in response to sassy212

Sunds like something is wrong with the iPod. SOme other uses have experienced similar problems.

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Mar 30, 2013 2:27 PM in response to lllaass

All right, it seems I have this issue too. Was gonna make my own discussion for it but decided to reply here.

My brand-new ipod touch 5g, whenever plugged in, will have mysterious users (Yeah I know, it's a glitch) tapping all over the screen. In the instance I actually have to use it for something, this glitch is extremely annoying. As in, annoying to the 90th power.

So, I was wondering if you know if apple knows about this/is working on this? I really can't stand the glitch... Tres annoyant. Thanks!

Mar 31, 2013 7:47 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

I didn't believe my daughter until she took a video of the occurance.

Here's what happens...

She plugs her iPod into the wall charger.

Just before the iPod seems to be manuvered by someone else, it becomes inaccessible to her. (it doesn't respond to her touch)

Next, without anyone touching the screen, apps such as gmail are being clicked on and they are going into her contacts. They went into her Instagram account and clicked on her pictures.

They also played a game...

So, do you still think the charger is causing the iPod to 'think areas of the screen are being physically pressed'?

((I'm not trying to be argumentative, but please don't say 'not possible' when you haven't seen it...))

Mar 31, 2013 8:04 PM in response to sassy212

Whenever someone's iOS device "has a mind of its own," they find that the issue is caused by a hardware problem. I am not saying that the issue you are experiencing is not possible, I am referring to the hacking part. The charger does not have a miniature computer or Wi-Fi card in it, thus it has no means of connecting to the Internet to hack your iPod. Hacking would also require malicious software or code to be downloaded to the iPod, and the OS does not allow any program to run unless downloaded from the App Store.

If you set a passcode on the iPod (and don't forget it!) and lock it, does it "slide to unlock" and attempt to enter the passcode all on its own?

Ipod Touch 5 hacked by charger??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.