Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally deleted Safari... Can't get it back.

Hello there.

I accidentally... Permanently Deleted the program Safari from my computer using a program called "Shredder."

Then, halfway through this i'm like: "Wait... Wh... AHH!" - Then I stopped it...

And so the program was corrupted.

Now whenever I launch Safari, it justs stands there jumping on my dock not opening or anything.

I tried to do "Software Update..." From the Apple Menu, but it said my computer was up to date.

I looked it up on the App Store, and it showed nothing.

I googled it, it just showed a "soft32" windows version of Safari. I couldn't get it.

Then I come to the apple website, I see Safari extensions, it says I need safari, I try and download it, but it just brings me to a page called "What is Safari?"

-Which has no download button anywhere.

Where can I reinstall or get it or something!?!?

MacBook Pro, 10.7 Lion.

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 4:42 PM

1 reply

Mar 30, 2013 4:55 PM in response to GuyWithSafari

GuyWithSafari wrote:

Hello there.

I accidentally... Permanently Deleted the program Safari from my computer using a program called "Shredder."

Then, halfway through this i'm like: "Wait... Wh... AHH!" - Then I stopped it...

And so the program was corrupted.

Now whenever I launch Safari, it justs stands there jumping on my dock not opening or anything.

I tried to do "Software Update..." From the Apple Menu, but it said my computer was up to date.

I looked it up on the App Store, and it showed nothing.

I googled it, it just showed a "soft32" windows version of Safari. I couldn't get it.

Then I come to the apple website, I see Safari extensions, it says I need safari, I try and download it, but it just brings me to a page called "What is Safari?"

-Which has no download button anywhere.

Where can I reinstall or get it or something!?!?

Shredder is a terrible and destructive program to run on your Mac. Backup, hold down Command+R and reinstall your system using the Apple ID you originally bought it with.

Cheers

Pete

Accidentally deleted Safari... Can't get it back.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.