Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

now getting Google cookies even when "always block" is chosen

Since the last update, I now get Google cookies even when "always block" might be chosen in preferences. I realize I might still get cache under that setting, but I should not get anyone's cookie. I keep fewer than 20 essential cookies and always delete all other cookies I can get from visiting sites. (would you believe one site I visited dumped over 60 cache and cookies on me just by visiting a single home page?)

Is Google doing evil things and bypassing no cookie preferences yet AGAIN?

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2.8 GHz Quad core, 6 GB ram

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 11:42 PM

6 replies

May 7, 2013 11:12 PM in response to Derryl S

You are right; in many cases Google, amongst others, seem able to by pass the basic anti-cookie protection so it seems to me the easiest resolution is to use an efficient cookie controller. After event, maybe, but better than nothing.

I use Cookie (available in App Store) and I can remove all unwanted cookies, flash cookies, databases (watch for these in particular), with one click for each grouping.

May 8, 2013 3:18 AM in response to Klaus1

And of course you are right. The point about using the 'Cookie' app is that in three clicks you can remove all cookies you have not previously checked as to be allowed. It's no great chore and you can do it on a daily or weekly basis to choice.

You don't need to examine them ... just click each of the categories. Yes, cast a cursory eye over the list just in case there is something you may want, but otherwise ...

Incidentally I have no connection with the developers, although I am currently in contact with them about updating their App to include a domain blacklist option.

May 9, 2013 3:21 PM in response to Derryl S

I uncheckedturns checked the warn if visiting fraudulent site, google did not appear in cookies.

This appears to be just an OSX Safari situation. I cleared all web info on my iPad, went to sites and nothing from Google or anyone else appeared with never on cookies was selected, even though the fraudulent site warning is turned on.

now getting Google cookies even when "always block" is chosen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.