Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

create a pdf out of separate documents or jpgs

how do you create a pdf out of INDIVIDUAL SEPARATE JPGS etc?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 10:58 PM

17 replies

Mar 30, 2013 11:55 PM in response to lisabitt

lisabitt wrote:

BUT I WANT TO COMBINE, consolidate separate individual docs. That is where I am having the prob

If the scanned documents have been saved as PDF, then you can open one of the PDF scanned documents in Preview and then select View > Thumbnails. Next, open Finder and drag the next scanned PDF on to the top of the first thumbnail. Repeat this action with the remaining PDFs until you have all the pages you want.

Mar 31, 2013 12:00 AM in response to lisabitt

This is not the most elegant solution, but you can copy and paste jpegs into most word processing programs. The formatting is a bit of a pain if you are trying to maintain resoution/picture quality. I've never tried this with iPhoto Library pics - you could do it with the raw image, no problem.

Say you have 10 jpegs of varying size and you want to put two on every page, or one big one on every page. Copy and paste into your word processing program, tweak the formatting, and save the 5 or 10 pages as one PDF.

It's quite easy to do this with text-based documents as there is software that will extract text from pre-existing PDFs and allow you to work with it in say a text editor or WP software of your choice.

The method I use requires a printer/scanner. If you have one, or have access to one at work, you just scan all documents - text, photos, charts, graphs, etc. - in as one PDF. Only real hassle is that you have to print out hard copy of all the documents and without a high-end laser printer the picture resolution will suffer.

Apr 3, 2013 3:55 PM in response to pjdube

pjdube wrote:

Great! Okay cool. You didn't mark "This Solved my Question", so thought you didn't have it solved yet. Otherwise I think you should mark Linc's solution as having solved it for you.

Cheers!

Phil

It's not up to me to mark anything solved. That is up to the original poster to mark. It still may not have solved their problem. These forums are not about point scoring.😉

Pete

create a pdf out of separate documents or jpgs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.