Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto version <-> OS X Version

Hello there,

I try to put the story short :-)

In the past I bourght OS X DVD and iLife DVD to install it.

Did this until OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) after this I updated via App Store to OS X 10.7.5 (OS X Lion). I cannot upgrade any longer because my iMac is to old.

The same way I have updated iPhoto to iPhoto 9.4.X via App Store. (I have iLife 11 on DVD).

Yesterday I got tired of my iMac getting slow. Think to many updates and upgrades degraded it slowly.

So I installed OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) from disk. Same way I installed iPhoto v. 9.2.3 from iLife 11 DVD.

Now - of cause - I can't open my iPhoto archive because it has been processed in a newer version of iPhoto.

I'd really like to stick to SNow Leopard, but must realize that I can't upgrade iPhoto to the version I need, because this takes that I have at least OS X Lion (Can't get it from App Store any longer?!). I can't download the newest iPhoto any longer because it takes that I have at least OS X 10.7.5 whitch I cannot run on my old iMac.

Please advice how I should proceed. I feel kind of stuck here....

--

Palle

iMac 5.1, Mac OS X (10.6.1), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.16 GHz, Memory: 2 GB

Posted on Mar 31, 2013 1:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2013 2:07 AM

You can use iPhoto Library Managerto rebuild the library to the older version.

2 replies

iPhoto version <-> OS X Version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.