Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Office 2012 crashes on start

Office 2012, Word, Excell, PowerPoint all crash within seconds of startup. I have followed Microsoft KB uninstall, reinstalled, repaired permissions (multiple times), disabled all user fonts, checked for duplicate fonts, Spent hours. Removed startup items manually. Etc.

It does work fine under newly created test user account. How do I find corruption in existing account or transfer to new account. Btw main account is substantial in size and machine is close to full ( 20 gigs feed of 500)

Also none of the boot option keys seem to work... Ie boot from external, boot from restore, safe mode etc. To repaid permissions I set boor in system preferences and reboot from an external USB drive that was Carbon Copr Cloner created.

Carl

Posted on Mar 31, 2013 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2013 9:38 AM

Looks like it was EasySIMBL at startup... which was running an ColorSideBar feature so that Finder would color the side bar. Once removed it has worked for last 30 min with no problems... Now I whish I had not trashed all me Fonts... but seems to be working fine.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2013 9:38 AM in response to cmims

Looks like it was EasySIMBL at startup... which was running an ColorSideBar feature so that Finder would color the side bar. Once removed it has worked for last 30 min with no problems... Now I whish I had not trashed all me Fonts... but seems to be working fine.

Office 2012 crashes on start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.