Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod is disabled for 22 million minutes, how do I enable it?

I woke up this morning and my iPod said it was disabled for 22 million minutes, I know my password and everything. I just need to know how to reenable it.

iPod touch

Posted on Mar 31, 2013 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2013 6:55 AM

Plug in your iPod. Open My Computer (or Computer for Vista). Click on Folder options and enable to view hidden files. Next go to iPod_control and click on the folder named Device. If your iPod is locked, there will be a file _locked . Rename the file to _unlocked. Remove your iPod and it should be cleared. This is the only way that I am aware off, other then a total restore where you will of course lose your data. Good Luck and let us know if it works.

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2013 6:55 AM in response to maciearhodes

Plug in your iPod. Open My Computer (or Computer for Vista). Click on Folder options and enable to view hidden files. Next go to iPod_control and click on the folder named Device. If your iPod is locked, there will be a file _locked . Rename the file to _unlocked. Remove your iPod and it should be cleared. This is the only way that I am aware off, other then a total restore where you will of course lose your data. Good Luck and let us know if it works.

Mar 31, 2013 7:15 AM in response to maciearhodes

Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

iOS: Wrong passcode results in red disabled screen

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

To restore from backup see:

iOS: How to back up

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Mar 2, 2015 8:28 PM in response to maciearhodes

I know this post is 2 years old and has been "solved", but in case someone else has the issue as we did, all we did was hold the home button and power button at the same time for several seconds, until the screen shut off. Then it just restarted by itself and we were then able to put in the password. 🙂 No restoring/erasing/redownloading anything!

Oct 26, 2015 10:57 AM in response to kayleemayjay

My 5th gen iPod that is disabled for 23,994,570 isn’t letting me fix it. I think it is 7.0.1 not to sure. but my problem is when I plug it in to reset it, it doesn’t allow me for the reason I brought I when I lived in England and now I live in Spain but when I go on my account on iTunes it redirects me to the English iTunes. I have authorised my iTunes with my laptop and have the latest version of iTunes but it still won’t work. As when I connect it, it says respond on iPod but I can’t as it is disabled please help.

Oct 26, 2015 12:46 PM in response to GavinDymock

Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

iOS: Forgot passcode or device disabled

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

To restore from backup see:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

If problem what happens or does not happen and when in the instructions? When you successfully get the iPod in recovery mode and connect to computer iTunes should say it found an iPod in recovery mode.

GavinDymock wrote:

My 5th gen iPod that is disabled for 23,994,570 isn’t letting me fix it. I think it is 7.0.1 not to sure. but my problem is when I plug it in to reset it, it doesn’t allow me for the reason I brought I when I lived in England and now I live in Spain but when I go on my account on iTunes it redirects me to the English iTunes. I have authorised my iTunes with my laptop and have the latest version of iTunes but it still won’t work. As when I connect it, it says respond on iPod but I can’t as it is disabled please help.

My iPod is disabled for 22 million minutes, how do I enable it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.