Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to DELETE music from icloud/match not just hide it. Even after hiding it, it still appears on my phone!

I want to DELETE music from icloud/match not just hide it. Even after hiding it, it still appears on my phone!

I have already unchecked and hit delete, and it has asked me if I wanted to delete from all devices, which I clicked yes to, and they still appear.

I have also swiped to delete and even though it has 'deleted', it still appears on my phone and no longer gives me the option of deleting.

I'm not sure what to do. Deleting music and music videos should NOT be this hard Apple...

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 31, 2013 8:21 AM

1 reply

Apr 14, 2013 4:02 AM in response to Monteon

You cannot delete music from iCloud via your iPhone; you need to go into iTunes on a computer and do it.

1. Right click on the song(s) in iTunes and choose delete, selecting "move to Trash" when prompted. Note that these songs will be visible, but there will now be an iCloud download link after each one.

2. Right click on the same song(s) in iTunes and again choose delete. This time, you get the following message (this example I did for just one song):

User uploaded file

Chose "Hide Song" and you will no longer see the song on any devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.