Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I restore an older version of the iPhoto library using time machine, will newer photos added to the library since the restore date be deleted, or added to the restore?

If I restore an older version of the iPhoto library using time machine, will newer photos added to the library since the restore date be deleted, or added to the restore?

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Mar 31, 2013 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2013 8:34 AM

My bad. I answered this myself by browsing support, what I should have done from the start. When you restore, it is an option to add files from the backup, or erase.

2 replies

Mar 31, 2013 10:30 AM in response to mtbhucker

What version of iPhoto and system are you using? Currently the only options for restoring an iPhoto Library are these;

User uploaded file

The Keep Both allows you to keep your current library instead of replacing it with the TM restored version. There's no option to import newer photos into the restored library.

Would like to know what version of iPhoto and TM has that option.

OT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.