Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Infected MBP ? (Every Browser with Flash not working 8080)

Hi,

i have a strange problem;

We use a audio codec where over NAT you can configure settings. This app has been working fine with my MBP, but not anymore ! When i try from any other computer (win8 + ie or other mbp + safari) it works. It even works, if i use my bootcamp Win 8. But not from Parallels Desktop; Win8 + ie won't connect.

It works same to my mbp from internet (NAT) or from intranet (local 192.168....) or with VPN.

It is a flash application, that will give login/password fields after you connct to it with browser+NAT address.

As it works with other devices then my mbp, there must be something wrong in mine ???

I tried it so that i uninstalled flash, installed it back - no change. And i also uninstalled F-Secure, opened FW and removed 1Password to be sure. No help. I also installed Opera as fourth browser to check if it is there...

When you connect to this device, you go over port 80. It sends back XLM-information over 8080. That is what i dont get back, it is blocked somewhere in my mbp !

any help ?

Or should i just wipe clean my mbp, and install and test again ?

Greetings

Kari

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 31, 2013 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2013 10:10 AM

One more thing ;

I found out that using (right mouse) "play" on the flashapp makes it go to login screen, but after that another "play" makes it go fast trough all pages on that app and back to start screen.

After a new install on ML, everything works ....

Kari

2 replies

Infected MBP ? (Every Browser with Flash not working 8080)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.