Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

getting photos from my camera roll to my library without duplicating

i understand the difference between camera roll and photo library. the last time i synced, i transferred pics to a folder in my computer and chose to sync that folder. the problem is that now i have my camera roll, photo library and that folder from my computer on my phone with the library and the folder just duplicating (the exact same pictures). i'm missing something and don't understand how to sync pictures properly...like i'm just not picking a correct option. i want to be able to more efficiently use the space on my phone...get stuff off my camera roll and have my most important pics on my phone without duplicating. i get that it's easy with iphoto and a mac, but i'm having a hard time finding direction for those of us using windows. ANY help would be much appreciated!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 31, 2013 11:50 AM

1 reply

Mar 31, 2013 1:32 PM in response to rockbaby929

Syncing photos from your computer to your device will optimize the size for viewing it on your phone. Try to sync the photos from the camera roll to a folder on your computer and sync them back from that folder. That way you should be able to reduce the size of the camera roll if you delete those imported pictures after that.

Identical photos can be in more than one album, but there is only one original photo saved on the phone.

getting photos from my camera roll to my library without duplicating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.