Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie HD won't create iDVD project

I created an iMovie HD project then attempted to move it into iDVD (7.1.2). I clicked on the iDVD icon then Create iDVD Project. It blinked and did nothing. I tried selecting Share and iDVD. Also nothing happened. I thought I'd save it as a Quicktime file. I burned it to a DVD then played it from the DVD. It ran just fine on my computer, filling up the whole screen. However, on a PC it had surrounding computer stuff and wouldn't play as it did on my machine. Putting it in a DVD player resulted in no action at all.

So, how am I to get the project into iDVD so I can properly share the program with others?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Intel Core 2 Duo 2.26GHz

Posted on Mar 31, 2013 2:13 PM

6 replies

Mar 31, 2013 11:17 PM in response to taueva

Hi

A. - Do Not Use - "Share to iDVD" - as resulting DVD (if any) is bad

B. Are You sure there are any iDVD program on Your Mac - it's not on new ones

C. If it's there then - in iMovie - Share to Media Browser and as Medium (or Large) but NOT HD as resulting DVD will be BAD

D. Close iMovie and Open iDVD

E. Start a new iDVD project

F. Import Your movie from the Media button (down to the right)

G. SET Down Burn speed - iDVD menu down to Prefernces - select Advance - bottom set speed to x2 or x4

BEST IS NOT BEST !

Yours Bengt W

Apr 1, 2013 9:16 AM in response to taueva

I burned it to a DVD then played it from the DVD. It ran just fine on my computer, filling up the whole screen. However, on a PC it had surrounding computer stuff and wouldn't play as it did on my machine. Putting it in a DVD player resulted in no action at all.

What you created was a data DVD disk with the Quicktime movie on it. If you want to play that on a PC Quicktime for Windows must be installed on the PC. It's free.

To be able to play the movie in an DVD player on a TV set iDVD must be used to create the video DVD disk.

Do you have iDVD on your Mac. If so open iDVD, go to the Media/Movies pane and look for the movied you Shared to Media Browser. It should be there. If inot just drag the movie you saved to your hard drive into the open iDVD menu window being careful to avoid any drop zones.

Then follow Bengt's instructions.

OT

Apr 1, 2013 10:05 AM in response to Old Toad

Bengt and OldToad,

I saw the mention of Media Player elsewhere and have looked for it. My copy of iMovie HD doesn't have it. Share shows Email, HomePage, Videocamera, iDVD, QuickTime, and Bluetooth only. Clicking on iDVD doesn't do anything.

I do have iDVD. It's from the '09 suite.

I'll have my neighbor with the PC install QuickTime for Windows to see how it goes. Don't I have to have the QT saved in AVI format (instead of MP4, the current version) for her to be able to play it properly?

If I ever get to create an iDVD is there something in particular I have to do to have it play on a TV in Australia? (the NTSC vs. PAL thing)?

iMovie HD won't create iDVD project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.