Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP X 10.0.8 I can´t see the effect preview in the viewer...

Hi:

I update Final Cut Pro X today and now I can´t see the preview of the effect in the viewer when I use the skimmer in the effects thumbnails in the Effects tab.

You konw... if you move the skimmer over the effect thumnail you can see the effect apply or if you hold "alt" key and move the cursor you can change the "amount" of effect to see.

I check to reinstall the app, erase the renders...

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Mar 31, 2013 2:25 PM

14 replies

Mar 31, 2013 3:25 PM in response to Russ H

Thanks Russ.

I am going your advice and install the Preference Manager (Great stuff from Digital Rebellion) and I deleted the "preferences plist".

I go to open FCPX again and this issue whit the thumbnails in the viewer is remained.

This is madness.

I am going to check my other Mac and install the update to check if the problem is in FCP X or my Mac Pro.

Thankas again Russ

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

All effects show this issues. White frames, pink frames... I can´t see the preview in the viewer or the thumbnail.

This computer is a Mac Pro 8 Core, 32G Ram, Nvidia GTX 285 GTX Mac Version...

Two days ago I finish a work with 10.0.7 FCP X version and all is ok, I haven´t this issue.

Mar 31, 2013 4:07 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom, I am a big fan of your book 😉 ,extracredit and tips blog.

Thanks and sorry for offtopic.

In the screen pics the footage are ProRess 422HQ.

But I got a several old projects wiht a lot of footage like h264, prores, prores HQ, prores proxy, R3D... for testing purposes and this issue is wiht ALL footage in ALL projects.

I can´t see the preview in the viewer and the thumbnails doesn´t look properly or the effect in the viewer is wrong.

Mar 31, 2013 6:10 PM in response to Kovo

I donwload the Trial version for check and I got the same issues. Problems with effects, looks or basics effects tabs in the viewer, the render, the effect thumbnail whit the skimmer or the project library skimmer show the pink, black, white or glitches frames whem the skimmer pas over the clip wiht one effect apply.

I repaired permissions, trash prefs, rebot, reinstalll... I don´t kown to fix this...and this is a problem for my work 😟

Mar 31, 2013 6:25 PM in response to Russ H

Yes, I usuarlly back up the older versions and got the from 10.0.5 to 10.0.7 in one external drive, in fact I reinstall now.

The problem, I update the projects in the HDD or SSD in the Mac Pro for testing the update.

The projects in the external raid is safe, and here is where are my work projects.

Could this be a problem wiht grapihc card? I got Nvidia 285 GTX Mac Version.

Mar 31, 2013 6:30 PM in response to Kovo

Kovo wrote:

The problem, I update the projects in the HDD or SSD in the Mac Pro for testing the update.

Just curious whether you get the pink thumbnails with 10.0.7…start a test project.

Could this be a problem wiht grapihc card? I got Nvidia 285 GTX Mac Version.

Possibly. I'm not hardware-savvy enough to say.

Russ

Apr 1, 2013 6:01 AM in response to Kovo

Fixed and broken again...

I deleted (again) all thumbnails in the events and projects and the especific folder in "Movies/Final Cut Events/Effect Browser Thumbnails" with FCPX open and the problem had been fixed until... I reopened FCP X.

If I erased all thumbnails with FCP X opened, the problem has gone.

I checked several projects in several disk and all seemed ok.

Now the "viewer" show the perfect preview of the skimmer effect in both (the thumbnail and the viewer) but If I close and open again FCP X this problem will reborn and I comeback to delete de preview thumbnails for fix it.

Some advice?

Thanks

Apr 1, 2013 9:59 AM in response to Kovo

The last episode of this madness history.

I got the Neat Video Plugin installed.

For check to fix this problem I have unistalled all plugins and the problem continued... but if I got install de Neat Video Plugin and I load the Neat Video effect to one clip, double click in the inspector effect for load the Neat Video interface to apply the effect and applied the effect... after this "roundtrip" the problem was fixed always.

Now I can see the preview and the thumbnails. I don´t understand.

FCP X 10.0.8 I can´t see the effect preview in the viewer...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.