Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dotted Circle Next to Song...

It hasn't been a problem until recently, I think it started right after I update to IOS 6.1.3 on my iPhone 5. But since that update and trying to sync my music to my phone, any songs that I updated the info for or added to my library have the dotted circle nxt to them and are greyed out. This cannot be due to a lack of space because I have 17 Gb left of free space. I have my phone on selected music, but when I put all the songs on my phone the same songs were dotted out. They work fine when I play them in the library, and they even sync to my other apple devices. So what is the problem with these songs/my phone?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 31, 2013 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2013 4:05 PM

I found a solution:

1) Switch your settings so that you can manually manage your music.

2) Go to the music tab in your devices drop down and right click and press uncheck for all the songs that are greyed out.

3) Press apply and sync your device again.

4) Then each of the greyed out songs should have the pie chart (dotted circle) fill up and you should be able to get those songs on your device now.

5) Re-check them and you're good to go.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2013 4:05 PM in response to erapp05

I found a solution:

1) Switch your settings so that you can manually manage your music.

2) Go to the music tab in your devices drop down and right click and press uncheck for all the songs that are greyed out.

3) Press apply and sync your device again.

4) Then each of the greyed out songs should have the pie chart (dotted circle) fill up and you should be able to get those songs on your device now.

5) Re-check them and you're good to go.

Jul 1, 2014 5:51 PM in response to erapp05

I had this problem (dotted circle, songs greyed out and wouldn't play in iTunes after I had bought them on my iPhone and tried to sync to my PC). I solved the problem by going into the iTunes Store and clicking on Account. After signing in, I clicked on Purchase History and found my recent purchases ( 4 songs) were marked as HIDDEN (***??). I was able to click on "UNHIDE" and then went back into my library and the songs were there- no more dotted circle!

Now my question is, WHY would Apple "Hide" my purchases from ME??

Dotted Circle Next to Song...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.