Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photoshop Elements Organizer and importing iPhoto Library problem

Sorry for the long post. I recently got a copy of Photoshop Elements 11 and decided to try the Organizer (haven't used the Organizer in the past). One of the options is to import photos from your iPhoto Library. Started the process of copying some 36,000 photos. This would take 2-3 hours on my 2008 Macbook. Progress looked good, it was up to 30% of library imported, and I left my computer unattended. When I returned, there was a message saying the import failed because of some undetermined error. Problem is that the space left on my hard drive went from 136 GB to 440 MB. There is no Adobe photo library folder that I can find, but when I search in Spotlight for Adobe, some 10,000 items show up with what looks like individual photos from iPhoto that were imported to Adobe. I can move the individual photos to the trash, but can't select the whole list to trash because there are other Adobe files in there that I don't want to delete. The photos also do not show up in the Organizer. Suggestions?

Haven't posted this in a Photoshop Elements forum yet, because of the Macbook hard drive question.

Posted on Apr 1, 2013 6:12 AM

2 replies

Apr 1, 2013 1:41 PM in response to davidinvirginia

UPDATE: Unmounted my external hard drives. Found the Adobe file and deleted it. Apparently most of the photos in iPhoto had copied to my hard drive but did not show up in the Organizer. Deleted that file and my hard drive is back to where it was. If I try this again, I will try to designate one of the externals as the place for the Organizer files. But since the one was about 120 GB, I probably won't try that again.

Photoshop Elements Organizer and importing iPhoto Library problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.