Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an Keynote Presentation uploaded on Youtube and want to use an CC-By license for it. I have used an submission from Apple. Am I allowed to do this?

I can upload it but i am not sure about the legal conditions so please Help me.

M. Mielke

Keynote'09-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 1, 2013 8:31 AM

5 replies

Apr 1, 2013 11:54 AM in response to Gary Scotland

A CC-By lice is a free licence from the Creative Commons organization an it is acceppted worldwide.

Youtube gives you the possibility to make a video available for others to edit( If they do they have to write some information about the editor to the video) with this licence or you can choose a special license from Youtube.

But I want to know in general which rights from the submissions (Deutsch: Vorlage Chinese,Nihongo korean :提出)

belong to Apple, too?

But thank you for replying so fast!!!!;:-

Apr 2, 2013 5:10 AM in response to The Spirit of an spreading intelligence filled up with burning blood

I would never have guessed a by lice referred a Creative Commons Licence is.

What is it you want to licence, music sound effects photography?

Do you mean, is a licence required from Apple to place a Keynote file on Youtube? Users are given permission to distribute content using Keynote files. This is contained in the Keynote End User Licence Agreement.

Extract from the Keynote EULA:

The Apple Software may be used to reproduce materials so long as such use is limited to

reproduction of non-copyrighted materials, materials in which you own the copyright, or

materials you are authorized or legally permitted to reproduce.

Title and intellectual property rights in and to any content displayed by or accessed through the Apple Software belongs to the respective content owner.

Apr 2, 2013 12:40 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Thak you, this is already the half of that which i wanted to Knoew. but i meaned if you maek an new dokument it show your pictures which you can use as the basis for your Presentation. There is the Background of the presentation the arrangerment, and some pictures. I basicly wanna know which copyrights of it are claime dby Apple, or if there aren't anyone so I can use a free License.

Thank you for Answering!

Apr 3, 2013 4:21 AM in response to The Spirit of an spreading intelligence filled up with burning blood

I basicly wanna know which copyrights of it are claime dby Apple,

Apple own the copyright to Keynote, ( as seen in the extract of the user licence above) they give permission for users to use and display the graphic content created using the tools in Keynote, such as shapes, colour, fonts.

If you used photographs, artwork or music that is not your copyright, you will need permission from the respective owners to use those.

The end product; the video on Youtube, will be your copyright as you are the designer.

I have an Keynote Presentation uploaded on Youtube and want to use an CC-By license for it. I have used an submission from Apple. Am I allowed to do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.