8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2013 11:08 AM by Chris CA
Eugeenee Level 1 (0 points)

iOS 6.1.3 is taken more power than before and the phone is heating as never before.

If i watch a 40 min show on movies apps the battery goes down 50% and and the phone goes hot displaying a message of high temperature.

This has never happen before. Not even with iOS 6.1.1 which i thought was the worst soft ever from apple.

I wonder if apple is aware of this and what they gonna do.

Everyone out there !!! Stick with iOS 6.1.2........for a long time....cause you gonna regret it after.... 

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3
  • Spencerfrompa Level 1 (95 points)

Tell apple about that because that is really dangerous and that's why I never update

• Eugeenee Level 1 (0 points)

I would gladly but unfortunately i must pay some fee to get tech support 

No wonder that apple with what is doing lately lost so much on stock market.

There no more concern about apple users as it used to be.

All the software updates were related to a lot of issues lately.

I used to be a strong believer in apple products .... but seeing the latest S4 specs makes me wonder maybe it's time to switch on android OS. It seems that more apple users are choosing this opt.

• Meg St._Clair Level 9 (50,894 points)

Eugeenee wrote:

I would gladly but unfortunately i must pay some fee to get tech support 

Make an appointment at the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store. They will look at your phone at no charge.

• Chris CA Level 9 (78,695 points)

Spencerfrompa wrote:

Tell apple about that because that is really dangerous

No it's not. That's why it displays a temperature warning and will eventually shut down.

and that's why I never update

because?

It seems that more apple users are choosing this opt.

Where do you see that iPhone users are switching?

Hey man .... I'm an iphone user since the beging ... Don't get me wrong..

It's true: it's not dangerous since the phone displays an warning and it shuts down.

Which it shouldn't come at this stage....as it never happen to me before.

And like it or not it iOS 6.1.3 has battery and heating issues ( check the forums...it's not only me saying this. First 3 days from the release 1500 users were mentioning same issue )....hence the question why to update?

Regarding switching to other OS....read some stats in the last 3 months....don't post messages just because you're not agree with or share the same opinion as other thousands of users....as i said .....i use to consider my self an iphone user forever ....

• ChuyMorales Level 1 (0 points)

I am having also another failure since 6.1.3 update into a Iphone 4,  its loosing conections with wifi and 3G, its more stable without the 3G option, however is still consuming a lot of energy , previously battery was longing enough for a couple of days, now don't last for half a day.

• Chris CA Level 9 (78,695 points)

Eugeenee wrote:

Regarding switching to other OS....read some stats in the last 3 months....

I have and I can find no stats that support your claim that show "more apple users are choosing this opt" any more than they have in the past.