Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 6.1.3 power drain and ph heating......is apple aware of this?

iOS 6.1.3 is taken more power than before and the phone is heating as never before.

If i watch a 40 min show on movies apps the battery goes down 50% and and the phone goes hot displaying a message of high temperature.

This has never happen before. Not even with iOS 6.1.1 which i thought was the worst soft ever from apple.

I wonder if apple is aware of this and what they gonna do.

Everyone out there !!! Stick with iOS 6.1.2........for a long time....cause you gonna regret it after....

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 1, 2013 8:36 AM

8 replies

Apr 1, 2013 9:22 AM in response to Eugeenee

No wonder that apple with what is doing lately lost so much on stock market.

There no more concern about apple users as it used to be.

All the software updates were related to a lot of issues lately.

I used to be a strong believer in apple products .... but seeing the latest S4 specs makes me wonder maybe it's time to switch on android OS. It seems that more apple users are choosing this opt.

Apr 1, 2013 10:59 AM in response to Chris CA

Hey man .... I'm an iphone user since the beging ... Don't get me wrong..

It's true: it's not dangerous since the phone displays an warning and it shuts down.

Which it shouldn't come at this stage....as it never happen to me before.

And like it or not it iOS 6.1.3 has battery and heating issues ( check the forums...it's not only me saying this. First 3 days from the release 1500 users were mentioning same issue )....hence the question why to update?

Regarding switching to other OS....read some stats in the last 3 months....don't post messages just because you're not agree with or share the same opinion as other thousands of users....as i said .....i use to consider my self an iphone user forever ....

ios 6.1.3 power drain and ph heating......is apple aware of this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.