Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move Apple mail to Outlook 2011

Hey Fellas,

I m up with another problem. About 4 months ago I bought MBP and downloaded Outlook 2011 as i was not comfortable with Apple Mail. Earlier i received all my mails in Apple mail, as these mails are of great importance to me so i tried to transfer them to outlook 2011, but i can't.

I want to transfer all my mails maintaining the folder structure. Positive answers would be really appreciated.

Thanks for help.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Apr 1, 2013 11:19 AM

5 replies

Apr 1, 2013 1:13 PM in response to TON456

Open Mail and export the mailboxes to .mbox format (Mailbox Menu>Export Mailbox) that will produce an .mbox file, then in Outlook:

1. On the Outlook for Mac File menu, click Import.
  2. Click Contacts or messages from a text file, and then click the right arrow.
  3. Click Import messages from an MBOX-format text file, and then click the right arrow.
  4. Follow the instructions.

Apr 2, 2013 10:58 AM in response to sig

sig wrote:

Open Mail and export the mailboxes to .mbox format (Mailbox Menu>Export Mailbox) that will produce an .mbox file, then in Outlook:

1. On the Outlook for Mac File menu, click Import.
  2. Click Contacts or messages from a text file, and then click the right arrow.
  3. Click Import messages from an MBOX-format text file, and then click the right arrow.
  4. Follow the instructions.

Sorry pal but this method of yours also didn't work. The files that i need to import are greyed out and cannot be selected. I tried this method saveral times but the result was the same.

Well I was hoping if you can suggest me any software that could help me with this type of problem. Because i have looked into similar kind of queries and there some softwares are recommended.

your help will be really appreciated.

Thanks

Move Apple mail to Outlook 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.