Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete previous locations stored on my iphone 5?

iPhone 5

Posted on Apr 1, 2013 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2018 1:22 PM

Thankyou so much...... I have been trying to do this since last year and usually start screaming...there is no stupid book in the corner...... (iphone 5 then- iphone 6 now)...... rapt..... happy dancing.......

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2018 1:22 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thankyou so much...... I have been trying to do this since last year and usually start screaming...there is no stupid book in the corner...... (iphone 5 then- iphone 6 now)...... rapt..... happy dancing.......

Apr 2, 2013 9:12 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks Chris, not sure why this is so difficult. Let me explain what I'm doing and NOT seeing. Maybe that will help with an answer.

I. click on the Maps Icon from main menu. a local map appears. search box on top of screen appears. A right pointer arrow appears to the left of it.

2. When I click on either a list of destinations appear. All I can do is select one or cancel from the screen. I do NOT see the word RECENTS on my panel.

3. When I click on the designation, MAPS gives me directions which I can cancel, by hitting the X, but the destination remains in my list.

Is there any hope for me? Thanks again.

Nov 23, 2014 9:35 AM in response to Applekati

That is because with the newer iOS it is different.

After opening maps, tap in the search bar.

From there, you should see a list of addresses you have searched for, and at the top of the list should be Favorites.

Tap on Favorites.

Now you should see Favorites and Done across the top. At the bottom of the screen you should see Favorites, Recents, and Contacts

Tap on Recents

In the upper left, tap on Clear, you will see a dialog on the bottom, Clear All Recents, or Cancel

Tap on Clear All Recents

Gone!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.