Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 1 battery replacement plan

I was wondering if the apple ipad battery replacement plan is still in effect for Ipad 1?

I'm in canada and a ipad im recieving maybe on its last legs battery wise, its 3 years old and am thinking about paying the 105$ or w/e it cost for canadians, but i need to find out if ipad 1 is still being exchanged.

iPad

Posted on Apr 1, 2013 4:46 PM

5 replies

Apr 1, 2013 4:56 PM in response to Peanutbutter Bacon Time

I don't think it matter which model of iPad that you have, if the battery needs to be replaced, then its eligible for an out of warranty replacement.

iPad Owners

Your one-year warranty includes replacement coverage for a defective battery. You can extend your coverage to two years from the date of your iPad purchase with the AppleCare Protection Plan for iPad. During the plan’s coverage period, Apple will replace the battery if it drops below 50% of its original capacity. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers a battery replacement for $99, plus $10.77 shipping, subject to local tax. Apple disposes of your battery in an environmentally friendly manner.

From here,

http://www.apple.com/ca/batteries/replacements.html

Ipad 1 battery replacement plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.