Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get any sound from ITunes. The computer's internal speakers are fine (they play utube sound, for example). And the sound bar on itunes is all the way to the right. Still no sound from the music library. Any insights?

I can't get any sound from my ITunes library. The IMac is set to internal speakers, the volume bar on ITunes itself is all the way to the right, there seems to be no problem with the speakers themselves (they play sound from internet videos, for example), but I can't play music from the ITunes library on the IMac. Please help!

iMac, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Apr 1, 2013 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 8:16 AM

Is it possible that you have iTunes set to send audio through AirPlay to an AirPort Express, Apple TV, or other AirPlay device (which is itself not turned up so you can hear it)?

3 replies

Nov 29, 2015 10:33 AM in response to bwilliston22

I can't get the slider bar in iTunes to stay adjusted for the computer. I have speakers attached at my iMac and other wifi speakers that play just fine.

I slide the sound and then it returns to zero for the computer.. I have set the system preference for the headphones connection where my computer speakers reside.

This just started to happen. I've restarted the computer to no avail. Any ideas for a resolution?

Thank you!

I can't get any sound from ITunes. The computer's internal speakers are fine (they play utube sound, for example). And the sound bar on itunes is all the way to the right. Still no sound from the music library. Any insights?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.