Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion 4 HUD still not displaying after preferences trashed

Hi,

I am using motion 4 as part of my FC studio 7 package on my mac book pro. The HUD doesn't display.

I have trawelled the internet and found when this happened to others it fixed when they trashed the com.apple.motion.plist preferences. I have done this several times and I am still not getting any HUD.

I am wondering whether working in motion 4 on Mountain Lion 10.8.3 could be a cause. I have checked for the latest updates for OSx and for motion 4 and everything is updated.

The function Keys are also not working to open the HUD or the Project windows etc.

Would love some help with this.

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Sony Z1

Posted on Apr 1, 2013 8:07 PM

4 replies

Apr 2, 2013 8:49 PM in response to Studio X

Thanks Studio X,

I used Digital Rebellion's Preference Manager to delete my motion preferences. I did it twice and the second time made sure my trash was emptied and then rebooted the computer. It still didn't work, still no HUD.

I am thinking it must have something to do with OSX Mountain Lion because Motion 4 is a few years old and when this problem come up before trashing preferences was enough.

Apr 3, 2013 4:51 PM in response to Cardamada

RE: Missing HUD

I am having real problems as I am training in Motion 4 and while I can work around most things in the Inspector, somethings just aren't easy to work around.

I would appreciate so much if someone could help me solve this problem. I wonder whether the fact that none of the function keys work to open things like the Project pane etc may be related to the missing HUD window.

Motion 4 HUD still not displaying after preferences trashed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.