Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod won't let me into wifi at all not even to select a network. It's been like this ever since I restored my Ipod 4g and it will not let me do anything, not even download music to my ipod, restoring it also lost all of my data

I knew that I needed to update my Ipod (4th gen) but it randomly stopped using the wifi and when I would go into "wi-fi" under "settings" the loading wheel would not stop spinning yet there are 5 wi-fi networks around me. Then I turn my ipod off, then on again and when it turned on it had an icon that was the itunes logo and a usb cord and that was it.. so I plugged my ipod into my computer got onto Itunes and it said that I needed to restore my ipod. I knew that all my data would be lost but now I can't even go into the wifi settings to select a network... it has the wi-fi connection icon(the little arcs) then "Wi-Fi" then across the bar thing it says "No Wi-Fi" I don't understand.. I do have Wi-Fi or else I wouldn't be able to type this on a computer....

How do I hook up the wifi network selections to my ipod???

iPod touch

Posted on Apr 1, 2013 9:44 PM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2013 5:35 AM in response to boogie1996

If not this:

iOS: Wi-Fi or Bluetooth settings grayed out or dim

If not successful, an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is usually in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Then

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Ipod won't let me into wifi at all not even to select a network. It's been like this ever since I restored my Ipod 4g and it will not let me do anything, not even download music to my ipod, restoring it also lost all of my data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.