You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

COUNTIF Syntax error

Hi all,

I am new to Numbers. Need to be using Numbers for my new job.

I am trying to use COUNTIF in a Table but I have hit a wall as it seems that I have a syntax error.

=COUNTIF(Tableau 14 :: L1:L400,"=Very Satisfied")

I need to count the number of survey that comes in and are very satisfied.

I though that would be an easy exercise but it turns out to be a real headache.

Thanks for your help.

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 2:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 3:19 AM

Hi zongo,

Where is your formula? I tried this with the formula in another Table:

User uploaded file

The top table is Tableau 14. I used Column A. COUNTIF in Table 2 shows 2.

Pleas show where your COUNTIF formula is.

Regards,

Ian.

8 replies

Apr 2, 2013 3:47 AM in response to Yellowbox

Yellowbox,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Here is a screen shot. Table 14 is the table with the raw data and the 'Table without name' is the table where the formula is.

The table with the raw data is a data that is categorized by Agents name. Could it be that the a 'categorized' table be causing the issue.
I think we can agree that the formula is correct.

Thanks

User uploaded file

Apr 2, 2013 3:58 AM in response to zongo saiba

Hi zongo,

I did not see you reply until I had posted my second reply. Letters crossing in the mail!

I agree that the formula is correct.

Could it be that the a 'categorized' table be causing the issue.

You could be right! I have not worked with categorised tables, so I am unsure. Let us hope that another user can resolve this question.

Regards,

Ian.

Apr 2, 2013 6:09 AM in response to Jeff Shenk

Jeff,

Thank you so much. The Syntax error is now gone.

Thanks to Yellowbox for taking the time as well.

The fact that the table is categorized seems not to matter.

Do i have to type in the formulas in each of the row footer or could I, in a single formula take into account all the 5 row footers ?

Each formula is linked to a name as well. Is there a better way than to use countif ?

Kind Regards,

zongo

Apr 2, 2013 9:29 AM in response to zongo saiba

FYI, Just in case you didnt notice, its always nice on the forums to give credit to those that helped (Yellowbox) by marking the ones that helped and the one that solved (Jeff) (make sure you mark solved last, i think you cant go back to mark helpful afterwards).

This also lets people browsing know that your posting has an answer in it somewhere, so they might be more likely to look and find their answer.

Jason

COUNTIF Syntax error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.