Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air HD video

My 1 year old Macbook Air (Late 2010), which I think is supposed to have 5 hour battery life, isn't quite as fast. My battery was 65%, and after watching a 1 hr 30 min movie, it is now 15%. The movie was in HD, but I don't know if that has to do with anything. Any ideas that can help me would be nice.

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Apr 1, 2013 9:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2013 9:39 PM

HD movies require more performance from the graphic card and the processor, so this may be normal. Note that Apple got 5 hours of battery with other tasks, not HD movies.

I think it's normal, but open "System Information" app, select "Power" in the sidebar, and copy here "Charge Information" and "Health Information" to check if there's something wrong

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2013 9:39 PM in response to hariiyer

HD movies require more performance from the graphic card and the processor, so this may be normal. Note that Apple got 5 hours of battery with other tasks, not HD movies.

I think it's normal, but open "System Information" app, select "Power" in the sidebar, and copy here "Charge Information" and "Health Information" to check if there's something wrong

Macbook Air HD video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.