Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search Capabilities

I have a few suggestions for searching. First, hopefully most people have noticed the difficulties that lie with the current search aspect. If you only have a few hundred ebooks, that isn't a big deal. However, I have almost 8,000 ebooks in my library (one of these days, using iTunes I will have them all properly sorted and that will help the process immensely).

First, having a search bar that stays locked at the top would be a HUGE help. As it is now, once you start scrolling down you lose the search bar.

Second, let's say you type in an authors name, John Sandford for instance. He has lots of books. You click on one only it's the wrong one. You go back to library. Does it take you back to the John Sandford category? No, it leaves you stranded where the sort has the last book stored. So, if you are Virgil Flowers, you have to scroll ALL the way back to the top. With as many books as I have that's about a 5 minute process. Unless I accidentally click on a title in which case I have to spend time getting back out of it.

Third, I'd like to see a way to search via Genre. Title, Author, and Genre.

Fourth, and last for now, why is it again that you can't set you overall iOS Search feature to also search iBooks for a specific title and open it up?

Four very simple app fixes that would really make this even more of a winning product than it already is.

Thx for checking it out.

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 1, 2013 9:44 PM

1 reply

Search Capabilities

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.