Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to create custom mail font?

I want to use a selected font that is colored as my mail text (body) font but cannot do it. I can specify the font but not the color — at least the color not retained. I tried then using a customized stationary but that did not work either. I started with a new mail, then opened the font window and selected the font and size and color. Then saved that font to "favorites". When transferred over to favorites color lost. Tried multiple times. Seems just not to be working so stuck for the moment. Ideas?

Richard

MacBook Pro 15 inch, 2.53 GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 8 GB memory

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 9:19 AM

7 replies

Apr 2, 2013 5:47 PM in response to Richard Pitcairn

Found it, not that it helps us...

/Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/Mail/Stationery/Apple/Contents/Resources/Custom/Contents/Resources/test stationary.mailstationery

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Accounts, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Setup Mail, even if fake account.

Does it work in the new account?

Apr 2, 2013 6:07 PM in response to BDAqua

Thanks for the suggestion. I did go in with another account and opened mail but then realized I would have set up the Mail app from the beginning — too time consuming. So I settled for trying to create a favorite font with color which I was now able to do successfullly. That encouraged me to go back into my main account and try again and maybe restarting the key but I was able to now create the font as a favorite with color, etc.

However, I then tried to make stationary with no luck. I opened a new mail message, set signature to "none" and then selected my new font for the body. Saved that as stationary. When I then opened that custom stationary my usual signature and address came up in the body as some sort of block that I could do nothing with — couldn't move it or get above it to type in. I finally selected and deleted it and tried typing but was now the wrong font.

I have no idea why the signature would appear in a custom mail in which I had removed the signature and saved it. Further the custom one now allowed no space above it to type in text. Very strange. I tried several times. Guess it just won't work for me.

Thanks anyway.

Richard

How to create custom mail font?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.