Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphon5 battery issue

Hello everyone.

I received the iphone5 on its release date.

I completely expected there to be some issues, and overall have been very happy with the phone.

However, during the past two updates (not saying this is the issue), my battery has been dying at an unbelievable rate.

I have checked to make sure I have no apps running in the background. I have my bluetooth off (always, as I don't use it), I have it always connected to a wifi if possible, and I do not download etc. unless I am at my house with the phone plugged in since my battery would immediately die.

My battery has gotten so bad I literally took it off of the charger this morning at 6:30a.m. at 100%. I have made 2 phone calls totalling 12mins., and sent 4 text messages, and received 1 picture message. My phone is connected to my works wifi currently and I am at 8 % battery and losing rapidly. I can NOT make it through a day without having to recharge 😟

Can someone please give me some possible suggestions instead of me having to take the phone in 😟

Thank you in advance! 🙂

Mary

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 10:27 AM

2 replies

Apr 2, 2013 10:39 AM in response to marlingal

Do you have an exchange email account? outlook/gmail?

If so delete the account - then do a reset - hold down the home/sleep button together until you see the apple logo and thne release, then wait for the phone to boot back up.

then install the account again. Then let your phone die out and then let it fully charge undisturbed. Then see how the battery life is.

Another you can try is settings - general - reset - reset network settings.

You will have to enter password for known wifi again.

iphon5 battery issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.