Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are there any parental controls or restrictions I can set for YouTube on the iPhone?

Help! I need to set some restrictions for my 14 year old son on his YouTube access. He has an iPhone 4S. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Darci

iPhone 4S

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 12:35 PM

The only thing you can do it disable it completely under Settings > General > Restrictions.

4 replies

Apr 7, 2013 6:06 PM in response to Darcip123

If you are looking for a new take on Internet Parental Controls that addresses how much time your kids can spend on-line on any device, check out this new HIPOM (https://www.myHIPOM.com) offering.

They have a very interesting free service that lets parents see all of the internet-enabled devices in your house and turn them on or off like a light switch - all from a simple web page. No software to download or configure and it works for any internet-enabled device. I’ve been using it for a couple of weeks now and it really works. I use it to kick my daughter off Facebook after 8:30pm every night with a push of a button!

Rumor has it they are going into "beta test" with a 'Web Safeguards' feature as well that will allow parents to block content while the kids are online. It’s a nice one-two punch for internet parental controls – an internet timer control deciding when they can go on-line and a web filtering control deciding what they can see while on line.

FWIW

Are there any parental controls or restrictions I can set for YouTube on the iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.