Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers after airplay device names

I work at a school where there is an AppleTV hooked up to the projector in every room. That means about 25 airplay devices. Teachers use iPad mirroring and it works great. The only minor inconvience is that you see all 25 devices on the iPad when you select airplay - you just have to select your own room. I'm pretty sure there is no way to filter this list - true? Often there is a number following the device name and the numbers don't make much sense (e.g. Science Lab (132)). Can anyone tell me what these numbers mean? Just curious. Thanks!

Apple TV (2nd generation)

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 1:47 PM

I don't think anyone has really worked out what the number in parentheses means, but assume it gets incremented with multiple connections in some way.

I assume you have given each AppleTV a unique name. No way to filter the list sas far as I know. Could you group specific AppleTVs that might have some common grouping with a capital letter at the start of the name to allow you to distinguish quickly?

AC

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2013 1:47 PM in response to BoulderTeacher

I don't think anyone has really worked out what the number in parentheses means, but assume it gets incremented with multiple connections in some way.

I assume you have given each AppleTV a unique name. No way to filter the list sas far as I know. Could you group specific AppleTVs that might have some common grouping with a capital letter at the start of the name to allow you to distinguish quickly?

AC

Numbers after airplay device names

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.