Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks author cannot save file

I have published three documents prepared with iBooks Author and had never experienced a "file cannot be saved" error. When this happens the only solution is to close the program and lose your work since the last save. Since the problem cannot be predicted, I have resorted to saving frequently and, when the error occurs, taking snapshots of the latest pages so that I can rcreate them (retype text and reinsert photos). Any suggestions for fixing this problem?

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 1:37 PM

11 replies

Sep 14, 2013 11:42 AM in response to K T

Hello KT

I have tried to deliver my cook book in iTunes Producer - and it seems like all is ok just one error. The message I get fro iTunes Producer is:

ERROR ITMS-3000: "Line 7 column 53: character content of element "publication_type" invalid; must be equal to "Book", "Textbook", "book" or "textbook" at XPath /package/book/metadata/publication_type"

As I see it I can't drag the publication from my archive to the box with PUBLICATION and the box with PUBLICATION SAMPLE - I do not know why because I have saved copies with the ending iBooks...

I hope you can help me with the problem because I am loosing patience with Apple....

Sep 14, 2013 6:14 PM in response to don.napoles

ERROR ITMS-3000: "Line 7 column 53: character content of element "publication_type" invalid; must be equal to "Book", "Textbook", "book" or "textbook" at XPath /package/book/metadata/publication_type"

I think this relates to the type of book you need to select in iTunes Producer - select "Book".

A thought about you not being able to save,even with ample HDD space, do you have a lot of applications open ?

I have instances when this happened and in closing down all open applications and going for a restart, iBA popped up the save screen.

I always save after completing each page! I also save versions as backups - both minimalise losses if problems hit.

Dont lose patience with Apple they cannot forsee all individual issues, there is usually enough help and advice available on this group to pull you through problems.

Sep 15, 2013 1:35 AM in response to K T

No, as it says in your chosen quote.... and my posts give my example.

The OP was seeking a solution to not being able to save... I gave an example of what I experienced.

Perhaps you should concentrate on the post and not seek some form of gratification chiming in on any comment I make on any thread. Its becoming obvious and tediuos.

iBooks author cannot save file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.