Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can you get the plan headphones with a remote(like you do when you first buy a smaller gb ipod)? if so how much do they rage and where can you order then?

i've been having a hard time just finding a good/not over 30$ headphones that will go withUser uploaded file cause the the headphones i

got are dead and not working no longer and you know parents or anyone these's days that are not willing to go

buy something that isnt rescearched yet! and i even want a good pair but not have to spend 70$ on them and to

know they might stop working in the next month/year or two!!

iPod nano

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 1:40 PM

That's a 3rd gen iPod shuffle, so do not get the new Apple EarPod headphones. Based on posts I've read here, they do not work with the 3rd gen shuffle.

You can still find the old version of the Apple headphones with remote, at online stores like Amazon. They are like the one that came with your shuffle, except they usually have a microphone on the remote nub.

Alternately, you can use something like this adapter with remote controls

http://www.amazon.com/iLuv-iEA15BLK-3rd-Party-Headphone-VoiceOver/dp/B002RL9WDQ

and connect ANY headphones.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2013 1:40 PM in response to strongt18

That's a 3rd gen iPod shuffle, so do not get the new Apple EarPod headphones. Based on posts I've read here, they do not work with the 3rd gen shuffle.

You can still find the old version of the Apple headphones with remote, at online stores like Amazon. They are like the one that came with your shuffle, except they usually have a microphone on the remote nub.

Alternately, you can use something like this adapter with remote controls

http://www.amazon.com/iLuv-iEA15BLK-3rd-Party-Headphone-VoiceOver/dp/B002RL9WDQ

and connect ANY headphones.

can you get the plan headphones with a remote(like you do when you first buy a smaller gb ipod)? if so how much do they rage and where can you order then?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.