Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I access iCloud after resetting the password?

For months now I have not been able to access my MAC email thru Mail from our MacBook Air. After not bothering for a while (have other things to do like most of us) I have reset it again and same problem. I can access it from any (!!) other computer including the iPads, iMac and even my shielded Windows based work computer using MS Explorer... If I try to use Safari to log into the Cloud from the MB Air I also can not get in from the MB Air despite being able to from any other computer.

Can anyone help with this? I would be most grateful as this is more than odd...

P.S. I have deleted the account and tried to add it again using the new password.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 1:27 PM

2 replies

Apr 3, 2013 3:16 AM in response to IraTexas

OK, no responses (normally quite quick and helpful), could mean this is a unique failure or user error. I have just spent half a day trying to fix and searching on the internet for solutions but see nothing that works. I am close to ditching the Mail and Mac related email system if I can not resolve in the next 2 days or so. This is a big change so if anyone out there knows why this MB Air laptop does nto allow us to log in whereas other computers (Macs and otherwsise do) I would greatly appreciate your advice. I am sure this is an authentication issue but the cause is becoming irrelevant.

Many thanks!

Sep 1, 2013 4:00 AM in response to IraTexas

In case of any use to anyone....

Solutions seem to be to make sure ALL devices are logged off and restart only after resetting the password. In our case we had not realised the old iPad was still part of the account.

Another problem in not always being able to find some emails on one device or another has also been resolved with this.

Why can't I access iCloud after resetting the password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.