Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AST Version Unknown Issue

I have AST installed on my Snow Leopard Server. The Gateway Manager reports everything in order except the Apple Service Toolkit Version as " Unknown (Update Available)". I have Diagnotic OS 8,9,10, and 11 installed. Any clues?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6), iMac

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 2:38 PM

3 replies

Apr 8, 2013 3:29 PM in response to jessejabo

Here is the final story on this one. Apparently, I had a partial installation of AST on another server and this was the root of the problem. Earlier versions of AST were more forgiving but version 1.5.3 not so much. I had to manually remove the partial installation of AST, install 1.5.3 on my main server and everything was working.

I found that the AST utilities and the uninstall Gateway apps didn't work very well on the partial installation server. Manual removal was the only way.

AST Version Unknown Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.