Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how many bits is an Intel Core i5

For downloading purposes, I need to know whether an Intel Core i5 is 32 bits or 64 bits. How can I find this information in my computer?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 3:04 PM

Click THIS for more info about your processor.

or read below:

Basically any Mac released after late 2006 is 64-bit. If you’re unsure whether or not your Mac is 64 bit or not, the easiest way to check is to find out what kind of processor your Mac has in it, and the easiest way to do that is to pull down the Apple menu and click ‘About this Mac’ and then look at what is listed next to “Processor”

Intel Core Solo - 32 bit
Intel Core Duo - 32 bit
Intel Core 2 Duo – 64 bit
Intel Quad-Core Xeon – 64 bit
Intel Core i5 – 64 bit
Intel Core i7 – 64 bit

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2013 3:04 PM in response to twinkfromco

Click THIS for more info about your processor.

or read below:

Basically any Mac released after late 2006 is 64-bit. If you’re unsure whether or not your Mac is 64 bit or not, the easiest way to check is to find out what kind of processor your Mac has in it, and the easiest way to do that is to pull down the Apple menu and click ‘About this Mac’ and then look at what is listed next to “Processor”

Intel Core Solo - 32 bit
Intel Core Duo - 32 bit
Intel Core 2 Duo – 64 bit
Intel Quad-Core Xeon – 64 bit
Intel Core i5 – 64 bit
Intel Core i7 – 64 bit

how many bits is an Intel Core i5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.