Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change the password for time machine

Anyone have any suggestions how to change the PW in Time Machine?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 9:54 PM

If this is still a problem for you than here is what you can do

Open up airport utility, you will be able to find it in the utilities folder which is inside of the applications folder. Click on the time capsule, then click on the edit button that is on the bottom of the popup. There you can change your base station password. This will not change you wireless password.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2013 9:54 PM in response to DoctorApp

If this is still a problem for you than here is what you can do

Open up airport utility, you will be able to find it in the utilities folder which is inside of the applications folder. Click on the time capsule, then click on the edit button that is on the bottom of the popup. There you can change your base station password. This will not change you wireless password.

May 4, 2014 8:37 AM in response to amacdona

This may work if you have a time capsule but this is not my case. When I try to do as suggested, the system says there is no time capsule and this is correct. I am using Time Machine backing up to an external drive.

A full description of my problem is given here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6168991

Any help you can give me will be much appreciated.

Francisco

change the password for time machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.