Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"New" iPad will not unlock, msg on screen "...not backed up to iCloud for 2 weeks..."

The Message is displayed on my iPad's screen saying:

"iPad has not been backed up to iCloud for more than 2 weeks; backup happens when connected tp WiFi and iPad is locked and plugged in".

I cannot get rid of the message, I cannot unlock the iPad to do anything...it is fully charged, but I don't know what to do to get rid of the message display - it is "stuck" like this! HELP!!

iPad

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 7:22 PM

8 replies

Apr 2, 2013 8:15 PM in response to randers4

SORRY! You had actually answered the other question, so all's well in my world.

I even answered re: my own post on the other thread (DUH!) - I hope that's not a problem...

The instructions were easy to follow, and everything is working just fine. (I didn't know about holding down the 2 buttons simultaneously to get it back to the Apple on the screen. I don't think my old iPad did that - maybe I just didn't have an occasion to need it! (My 1st iPad was the ORIGINAL iPad. I'm SO happy to have the "newest" iPad with Facetime, etc. SUCH a wonderful toy! SO much easier to carry than my MacBook Pro! I'm a happy camper, randers4. :-)

Aug 23, 2013 2:43 AM in response to randers4

Hello, I hope you can help me. My Ipad will not unlock. I tried resetting by pressing the unlock and home button at the same time but it still won't work. The unlock icon shows up and whenever I slide it to unlock, it gets frozen, or just won't unlock. It started when I tried to sync it with my MacBook air and the latter wasn't able to read it. Thanks a lot.

"New" iPad will not unlock, msg on screen "...not backed up to iCloud for 2 weeks..."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.