Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quicktime plugin 7.7.1 crashes on Chrome, Safari, and Firefox plus missing in codecs to render on video programs.

Hi all,

I'm going to assume that this problem is fairly new because there haven't been any solutions to the previous folks who reported a similar situation.

I discovered the problem when I was trying to render a video file to a quicktime .mov format and the quicktime codec was missing. My substitute for that was H264 which was fine but nothing like having quicktime.

Second time this quicktime plugin was having problems was when I goto the apple website to check out trailers and the plugin crashes without even trying to load the video.

I have Mac OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3 the latest version.

Thanks in advanced all!

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 7:34 AM

Solved my problem.

I didn't mention that I had Flip4mac to play WMV files and so I removed the Flip4Mac component/plugin completely and we are now back in the quicktime game!

1 reply

quicktime plugin 7.7.1 crashes on Chrome, Safari, and Firefox plus missing in codecs to render on video programs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.