Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 11 - valid metadata, splitting seasons wrong

I think I need to log this as a bug to apply - but I can't get the bug reporting site to allow me to login.

I'm using 11.0.2 (26) on mac OS 10.6.8 (I've also tried this on a Macbook running 10.8.1) I use itunes to play content locally and also home sharing to play the files to my apple TV 2 (3?) device

I put my Star Trek Enterprise collection into itunes - it contains 4 series/seasons.

I have a problem with itunes displaying 5 series, season 3 is split into 2 - one with 23 episodes in it, one with one random (episode 22) in it.

If you look at this image User uploaded file

you see there are two series 3 - one containing one episode, (22 - The council) and the other containing the remaining 23 episodes (shown bellow)

User uploaded file

If you look at the metadata of the two items (episode 22 and a random episode from the other 23) you'll see they are identical.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

So there is no reason for them to be split out in itunes as they are.

To further back this up - I view series 3 in home sharing using my ipad and I see all 24 episodes together in one series 3 tab.

User uploaded file

as you can see episode 22 is included with the others.

I have tried deleting the whole series and re-adding it, aslong with the individual file, and each time this same situation happens.

I thought this may have been down to the fact that this is my own DVD's that I have imported into itunes, however I have the same problem with the Cleveland Show series 2 which was purchased and downloaded from itunes (althought the problem is back to front)

If I look in itunes on the mac - I see all episodes of the Cleveland show series 2 together. (episode 22 is again the problem - is this a bug with episode 22's in itunes ??)

User uploaded file

however if I view series 2 on my ipad through home sharing.....you'll see episode 22 is missing.

User uploaded file

however if I scroll down my home tunes listing....to much further down the alphabet what do I see, another The Cleveland Show icon,

User uploaded file

when I expand it, I see the missing episode 22 on it's own.

User uploaded file

so again - the metadata on these two series is the same they both match up, so why again is this being split at episode 22 ?

I've tried redownloading this series from itunes same problem.

I also tried the same 2 series (Enterprise Season 3 and Cleveleand Show Season 2) on two totally seperate macs one running 10.7 and another one running 10.6.8 and the same problem happens, and it's always episode 22.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 2:16 AM

5 replies

Itunes 11 - valid metadata, splitting seasons wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.