Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When i turn my mac on, it comes up with the grey screen, then apple logo appears, then a loading bar underneath appears and loads like 1/9 of the way, stops, then goes black and turns itself off????? It doesnt even log in properly!!??!!?? What do i do?

It turns on, goes grey, shows logo, then has loading bar underneath and loads a fraction, then it just shuts down! It doesnt go past that at all, not even to the log in page or even to finder or anything!!?? I dont think i have backed anything up either!!??!!?? What do i do please help!

iMac

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 4:57 AM

4 replies

Apr 3, 2013 6:20 AM in response to Dan cruz

What is occuring is the "fsck" check on the boot drive is performing a repair at boot time and failing to fix the issue with the file structure of the drive.

If your not experineced in "computer things" I suggest you call a local Mac/PC repair shop and mention you need data recovery and repair. Apple doesn't do data or software repair, only hardware then under warranty and AppleCare or else it's out of pocket.

If you are somewhat capable, you can do data recovery yourself and then attempt to fix your issue in place, but eventually may have to erase and install everything, the operating system, programs and recovered files, as a last resort measure or even have the hard drive replaced or the machine's hardware fixed.

Create a data recovery/undelete external boot drive

..Step by Step to fix your Mac

https://discussions.apple.com/community/notebooks/macbook_pro?view=documents

Apr 3, 2013 6:29 AM in response to ds store

Hi there thanks for your help. I am capable with computers but with macs i dont know so much. Can u tell me how i am supposed to do this? Ive seen mentioned of boot disks etc but looking through the mac box and asking the owner of the computer they said it never came with one and that the operating system was updated and setup instore when bought. So can i turn on mac and press f8 or something, similar to microsoft computers to get up a menu? Thanks for reading.

Apr 3, 2013 6:43 AM in response to Dan cruz

Dan cruz wrote:

Ive seen mentioned of boot disks etc but looking through the mac box and asking the owner of the computer they said it never came with one and that the operating system was updated and setup instore when bought.

You posted this under Snow Leopard, if that's the operating system running on the machine then you will need the boot disks, call Apple.

If the machine has OS x 10.7 or later then read the links I provided.

When i turn my mac on, it comes up with the grey screen, then apple logo appears, then a loading bar underneath appears and loads like 1/9 of the way, stops, then goes black and turns itself off????? It doesnt even log in properly!!??!!?? What do i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.