2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2013 5:06 AM by Jerry Dammers
Jerry Dammers Level 1 (0 points)

I've been getting messages stating that my iCloud storage is almost full (4.9 GB of 5 GB).

I looked at what was using most of the space in [iCloud > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage] and it stated it was my Camera Roll on my iPhone 5 (2.1 GB).

I then transferred all the photos and videos from my Camera Roll to my Mac; deleted them from my iPhone; and then resync'd and backed up my iPhone with the Camera Roll empty.

However, I am still getting the same messages from iCloud that my storage is full.

Why might this be - does it take a certain period of time for iCloud to update?

Thank you

• fromsouth Level 5 (4,420 points)

I would try to delete previous back up and back up with camera roll empty. Just don't do that in the morning.

When you ready to sleep, delete back up and while your phone is connected to wi fi put it to charge. When you do, press back up now and go to sleep. Even if back up is large it should not take longer then overnight.

• Jerry Dammers Level 1 (0 points)

Managed to resolve the issue by going into the Camera Roll setting within iCloud Storage and setting it off and then back to on and this seemed to reset the storage. It's now correct.

thanks.