Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I set my backup times in Time Machine. It disconnects me from my work session when it kicks in. Would like it to backup my system later in the day.

I work from home and the Time Machine backup is kicking in way too often. If I could set it to backup later in the day, that would be great. Any suggestions?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Backs up to an external drive

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 7:48 AM

andreefromaz wrote:

I work from home and the Time Machine backup is kicking in way too often. If I could set it to backup later in the day, that would be great. Any suggestions?

You can turn Time Machine off. Set it to show TM status in the menu bar. Then, when you want it to back up, click on TM's menu item in the menu bar and chose Back Up Now. Unless you really need hourly backups, this way you can initiate the process when you know it's necessary.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2013 7:48 AM in response to andreefromaz

andreefromaz wrote:

You can turn Time Machine off. Set it to show TM status in the menu bar. Then, when you want it to back up, click on TM's menu item in the menu bar and chose Back Up Now. Unless you really need hourly backups, this way you can initiate the process when you know it's necessary.

Can I set my backup times in Time Machine. It disconnects me from my work session when it kicks in. Would like it to backup my system later in the day.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.