Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

insufficient space within the library

I recently attempted to upload new photos onto my aperture library when I received the message, "insufficient space." I want to know if I can create another library within aperture so that I can upload my photos. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks, Katherine

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.6.3), OS X Snow Leopard

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 8:20 AM

3 replies

Apr 3, 2013 8:30 AM in response to katherine47

"insufficient space."

That error message means, that there is not enough disk space to accomodate your image files. You may have as any Aperture libraries as you want, but creating a different Aperture library will not help, if your harddisk is too full. Where is your Aperture library located, on your system drive or on an external drive? And how much free disk space do you have on your system drive and on the drive, where your Aperture library is located?

Did Aperture crash, or simply refuse to import the images?

Regards

Léonie

Apr 3, 2013 9:38 AM in response to katherine47

Leonie,

Thank you for your response. My aperture version is 3.2.4 and I am showing I have 913.4 MB available space. My aperture is on my system drive and I recently went through and deleted old files to assist with making more space on my hard drive. I have 6.9 GB free space available on my hard drive, but not able to import photos to aperture. Aperture refused to import images due to insufficient disk space.

Sincerely,

Katherine

Apr 3, 2013 12:12 PM in response to katherine47

My aperture version is 3.2.4 and I am showing I have 913.4 MB available space.

Katherine,

I think, the size of the Aperture Application is 913.4 MB. That is not available space.

I have 6.9 GB free space available on my hard drive, but not able to import photos to aperture

You need to free more disk space. The operating system needs working space as well. You should not let the free space drop below 10 GB.

How many photos are you trying to import? If it is only a few photos, Aperture should not complain.

Could you move your Aperture library to an external drive to free space on your system drive? The system will will slow down, if you have too few free disk space.

Regards

Léonie

insufficient space within the library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.