Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble Tagging/Favoriting in iMovie

I am working on a documentary project and have too much video to put on my Macbook Pro's internal hard drive. I am using a large external hard drive, but it is having trouble with tags and favoriting/rejecting clips. Sometimes the tags/favorites disappear, other times it won't even let me indicate that a clip is a favorite or is rejected. I need to label these clips, but I don't want to spend hours filtering through the video only to lose them when I come back.

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 9:21 AM

Favorites and Tags should work on an external drive.

There is a longstanding bug where if you use the MOVE command in iMovie to move events from the internal drive to the external drive, it does not move the favorites and tags.

The workaround for this is to use the COPY command to copy the event from the internal to the external (or vice versa). After copying, you can then go back and move the extra original copy to the trash so you free up the space.

For more on Moving and Copying see this post.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-4141

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2013 9:21 AM in response to jhicks124

Favorites and Tags should work on an external drive.

There is a longstanding bug where if you use the MOVE command in iMovie to move events from the internal drive to the external drive, it does not move the favorites and tags.

The workaround for this is to use the COPY command to copy the event from the internal to the external (or vice versa). After copying, you can then go back and move the extra original copy to the trash so you free up the space.

For more on Moving and Copying see this post.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-4141

Trouble Tagging/Favoriting in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.