Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I own several IPS displays, but none exhibit image persistence.

The only IPS display with this issue I have ever seen was my original Macbook Pro with Retina Display (which has since been replaced).

Now this problem is occurring on several top-tier iMacs in my office.

Isn't this 'solution' totally unacceptable? Apple should admit that this is a sign of a defective display. If your display has this problem, return it immediately for a replacement. If a replacement is not available, demand a refund.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 9:34 AM

2 replies

Jul 16, 2016 9:06 PM in response to primeight

I agree whole heartedly! This issue has plagued the iMac for nearing 5 years now and is NOT acceptable. To say that this behavior is "normal" for IPS displays is a flat out lie and Apple is misleading their customers. There are many IPS displays on the market that DO NOT exhibit this behavior whatsoever. I have had 5 iMac computers and they ALL have done it to varying degrees. My newest iMac, which is a late 2015 5k model even does it. I repeat, this is NOT acceptable! This did not happen when Apple used Samsung as their panel manufacturer. Why doesn't the Apple engineering team get with LG and MAKE them fix this?

I own several IPS displays, but none exhibit image persistence.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.