Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Management Multi-User security issue

Hello,

This issue concerns both Mountain Lion and Lion servers. If I'm not mistaken, the issue is also officially described by Apple in the Lion release about Remote Managemenr vs Screen Sharing features.

My question is simple and yet unanswered after hundreds of Internet searches:

Why on earth a non-Admin user has the right to Share and Control the screen of another (Admin) user being logged-in a (Mountain) Lion server? It looks like the trick is that "Remote Management" instead of "Screen Sharing" is active. So what? Why a non-Admin should be allowed at all to view another users desktop just by typing-in his/her own credentials?

Am I missing something or is Apple really out-of-security context? Our admin devoted significant effort to arrange access for the shared directories. For what? To find out that the Screen Sharing security under ARD Management (Remote Management) is non-existent?

Am I terribly wrong?

Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

D.

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 9:42 AM

There are no replies.

Remote Management Multi-User security issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.