Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match Skipping songs and unable to download iOS 6.x

i have several iOS devices within my company's wifi network. when one of my users attempts to stream or download a song to their device from iTunes Match then get the error unable to download with downloading and when streaming it just skips from song to song through there library. I can reproduce this on my iPad running 6.1.3 and my iPhone 5 running the same iOS. But when i login to the same iTunes match account on a MacBook connected to the same wifi network i am able to download and stream without issue. This seems to be limited to iOS devices has anyone else encountered similar issues?

iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 11:51 AM

4 replies

Jul 2, 2013 6:41 AM in response to robbobdog7041

I am having the same issues on my iPhone 5. On 3G and Wifi.

Seems to be on tracks that are full length albums for me. Like mixed albums that come as a single track. Very annoying, they won't download or stream. But a track that is 5mins long will.

I have 3G enabled and have turned iTunes Match off me back on again. Any other help on this OSS would be appreciated. Maybe everything might just work as it should when iOS 7 is released

I can stream the tracks in question on my Windows 7 PC using iTunes though.

Kieran.

Jul 2, 2013 11:11 AM in response to KieranBowley

Actually after further testing I can stream these long files over wifi just not on 3G. Even though I am on the Three network in the UK and get speed test results of over 4mb/s.

This is very disappointing as I am a DJ and most of my mixes are long single track files. Not being able to stream these over 3G is a deal breaker for me.

Anyone got any ideas?

Kieran.

Apr 27, 2015 2:15 PM in response to Jason_Entrust

Hi All,

I see this is very old post, however only as of a couple of months back i'm getting a very similar fault.

I run an iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Mini 2 (cellular) and a Macbook Pro - all using the same iTunes account for my iTunes Match. When the devices are connected to the home Wifi (SKY BROADBAND) not a single problem with the service - However when i attempt to use iTunes match on any device via 3G/4G the devices will skip songs 99% of the time and also not be able to stream previews from the iTunes store.

I find if i have one of the devices on 3G/4G and turn iTunes match off and back on again, it may be able to stream a few songs ok. However this won't last for too long, and before long the issue will return.

From a very broad perspective, you'd think that the issue is with the Cellular Service Provider (EE UK), but i've been in contact with their technical team, and are unable to find any issues on their end, as the phone and iPad are both connected OK to the internet via 3G/4G.

I'm a Technical Analyst by profession, and have tried adjusting all settings, and turning accounts off and back on in different orders to try and find a pattern, but i'm left completely stumped.

Does anyone have a resolution for this?!

Please Please Help!!

Kindest Regards,

Dan

iTunes Match Skipping songs and unable to download iOS 6.x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.