Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband+Motu Track 16 - no recording

Hello, I have a problem with Motu Track 16 and Garageband '11. After plug in via usb I can't record my guitar. No sound avaiable on tracks - no sound reaction in GB and in CueMix everything work perfectly.

I hear a sound from audio interface (by ex. phones) and MacBook Pro is recognize an input and output form Track16. In Garageband everything is set ok. The back of amp is plugged info right mono slot, the recording button is put on, monitoring is put on. Everything seems to be ok. In preferenses>sounds all is set as Motu Track16.

I have no idea what is going on, but when I run it yesterday befor lunch Garageband (after clicking it) first opened a licencer window form Waves and then eLicencer from Cubase, and after closing it GB was running a very long before it lunched :/

I have MacBook Pro with Retina late 2012, OSX 10.7.5. Everything updated.

Ps. I read a tons of forums and find no answer :/

Please help.

Thanks

P.

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Audio Interface Motu Track16

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 12:10 PM

1 reply

Apr 13, 2013 5:36 PM in response to Prince010

I had the same problem. I had a signal everywhere else except GarageBand.

I created a new Real Instrument track in GB and selected Stereo 1/2 for the Input source since I was using Analog 1/2 everywhere else. Yet, no sound in GarageBand.

On my system, with the Motu Track16, there are several pairs of stereo inputs available in GarageBand. I just went through and selected each one until I got sound on Stereo 5/6.

Hope this helps.

Make Music. Have Fun.

::Greg

Garageband+Motu Track 16 - no recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.