Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture support for Nikon D7100?

Lightroom now has support for Nikon D7100. Does anybody have any suggestions when Aperture will provid support?

Aperture 3

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 3:10 PM

As is always said when this question is asked, we;re all just users here and have no inside knowledge of what Apple is up to.

NIkon cameras seem to be included relatively quickly so if the past is any indication it could be in the next cycle but when that will be no one here can say.

4 replies

Apr 3, 2013 5:15 PM in response to E. Crawford

There has always been, and likely always will be a bit of leap frog, one upsmanship with the timetables for competing developers when adding RAW support for new cameras. None of the developers who offer solutions for RAW processing have the market cornered in this respect.

While I too have concerns ... it should be pointed out that the view across the fence is not as attractive as one might think.

On Oct. 23, 2012, Apple added RAW support and tether support for the Nikon D600 ... while Lightroom did add RAW support for the D600 about the same time, Adobe has yet to offer tether support for the D600. In fact, Lightroom only supports a small select few cameras for tethering.

Of course this may not be of interest for Aperture users who do not rely upon the tethering feature ... I simply point out this situation in order to illustrate that Lightroom is not a panacea of perfection ... and don't get me started on how horrid the Lightroom Slideshow and Book modules are compared to what Aperture offers.

Likely, Apple will offer an update sooner rather than later.

Aperture support for Nikon D7100?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.